The following changes, improvements and fixes were made to UK versions of QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016, QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2016. Later releases (ones with higher numbers) include all changes in earlier releases.
Release 12 (R12) – November 2017
What’s important about Release 12?
- Now with a simple windows keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+Alt+Y a selected row of data can be copied. This copied row can then be pasted to a new row with Ctrl+Alt+V. Use this on Estimates, Sales Receipts, Sales Orders, Credit Memos, Purchase Orders and Timesheets.
- The setting Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups has been removed. Users who enabled this setting in QBDT 2016 will no longer have QuickBooks running in the background.
- Issues in Invoice center, Bill Tracker & Report Center that were causing unrecoverable errors have been fixed.
Release 11 (R11) – May 2017
What’s important about Release 11?
- ‘Printer not activated, error code -30’ message when saving Cash flow projector as PDF is now resolved
Release 10 (R10) – April 2017
What’s important about Release 10?
|Managing Complex Passwords|
- You can now login to a Company File without having to enter a username and password every time. Instead, you only have to login with your username and password once every few days and can open the Company File or switch to another Company File without having to re-enter your username and password, as long as you are using the same Windows user account. You will be required to enter your username and password again only if you have explicitly logged off from the Company File or when the login period has expired.
- For more detail please refer to Stay logged in to a Desktop company file (sign in without entering your password)
Release 7 (R7) – June 2016
What’s important about Release 7?
|Security Account passwords to protect sensitive information|
- All users who have the “Credit Card Protection” feature on, or whose QuickBooks Desktop file contains sensitive data such as credit card data and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) will be asked to set up a password.
- All users who have the “Credit Card Protection” feature on and can view full credit card data will be asked to your change password every 90 days.
|Security updates to QuickBooks SDK|
- SDK apps that require background access to QuickBooks will need to have credentials regenerated for the app. Credentials will get regenerated once users who need access to the app login to QuickBooks.
- If the password for QuickBooks changes, a new application is added or access levels of an application are changed – this would also require users who need app access to login.
This notice is provided as a convenience for our customers and is not intended to supplement, modify, or extend the Intuit software license agreement between Intuit and the customer for any Intuit product or service.