If you are wondering which product best suits your needs, read this article for it gives you a comparison between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop.
Advantages of using QuickBooks Online over desktop versions
- Anytime anywhere access vs. remote access. Unlike desktop’s remote access, multiple users can access their data at the same time, with no need to set up a network with QuickBooks Online. Aside from that, the software is priced at a low monthly fee versus desktop remote access for Kshs 47,800.00 (for a single-user version of QuickBooks Premier, which is required for remote access).
- Multiple-user access at fraction of Pro 5-Pack cost. With QuickBooks Online, multiple people (up to 25) can access up-to-date information simultaneously. It also enables collaboration as multiple users can access data and view the most updated data together real-time. Pro-5 Pack costs Kshs 112,600.00 incl. VAT which requires a network server and significant amount of setup time versus QuickBooks Online which is billed only on a low monthly fee with a 15 minute set-up.
- QBO upgrades are free. That’s right! There is no need to purchase newer version. All new features are automatically pushed out!
- Support is at no additional cost. QuickBooks Online support is available during regular business hours free-of-charge (Online Support ONLY). Support for QuickBooks desktop starts at Kshs 8,750.00 per 3 hour session.
On the other hand, QuickBooks Online like any other softwares, also has it’s limitations. Below are some of it’s limitations:
QuickBooks Online product limitations
- Doesn’t integrate with Point of Sale.
- Doesn’t integrate with Online Bill Pay.
- Doesn’t do complete job costing (but does track expenses by customer).
- Less flexibility with regard to customizing forms or reports.